Date(s) - 23/12/2022
11:15 am - 9:30 pm
Following on from last year’s spectacularly successful Christmas Cracker, which was possibly the most well attended and enjoyable Golf Society event in our three-decade history, we have been fortunate enough to secure a second opportunity to play on the exclusive Shek O golf course, followed by a sumptuous BBQ lamb spit dinner, including free flow wine and beer, at which partners of members are very welcome to attend, as well as those who aren’t able to make the golf.
This course is normally reserved for Shek O members only, or for corporate events funded with deep pockets, but thanks to our recent success in attracting sponsors, the Society is once again able to subsidise the cost of this event heavily, which makes this an extremely, reasonably priced opportunity to play on such a beautiful course.
We are offering three packages which will hopefully meet everyone’s budget and appetite as follows:-
1) Green Fee plus sandwich lunch, halfway hut drink and prizes – GS members only - HK$1,288
2) (1) plus extensive BBQ lamb spit dinner along with free-flow wine and beer – GS members only - HK$2,288
2 B) (1) plus extensive BBQ lamb spit dinner along with free-flow wine and beer – GS members’ guests – HK$3,388
3) Extensive BBQ lamb spit dinner along with free-flow wine and beer – also available to GS partners – HK$1,000
For those who were unable to attend last year and/or have not had the opportunity to enjoy it before, a barbecue dinner on the lawns at Shek O overlooking the South China sea makes for a truly special evening, especially after a round on their unique and visually spectacular course. As noted, the Society, has decided that playing members, as well as non-playing members, are welcome to book a dinner and drinks place for their partner, whether they are a member of the society or not.
NB. 1) The outing is only open to persons who meet the current government regulations for such events. Currently this means that attendees need to be FULLY VACCINATED and will also have to submit a named & dated photo of a negative RAT test taken within 24 hours of the event.
2) Shek O is a WALKING COURSE. Limited caddies are available at HK$400 plus tip. If excess demand for caddies they will be allocated on a needs basis (medical condition, age etc). Please specify this requirement in the booking form.
3) Please specify any requests for teammates in your golf group in the notes section of the booking form..
No. of Entries:
We plan to take over the whole course and so should be able to accommodate up to 68 players. For the dinner, the current maximum, according to the latest regulations, is higher. Hence our ability to open the post golf dinner and drinks package to partners of playing members, as well as non-playing members. Priority will be given to paid up members, based on a lottery in the event of probable over-subscription.
Individual and team event. Final formats will depend on the number of players.
– coach pick up from HKFC at 11.15am sharp
– shotgun start at 1pm
– BBQ dinner & drinks from 6.30pm
– return coach depart approximately 9.30pm
Noon, 9th December (Friday).
(Cancellations must be made before deadline. Full cost may be charged for late cancellations.)
Bookings are closed for this event.